Sunday, October 25, 2009

Slowed down, but speeding up






Had a pretty chill weekend this weekend. I finally got my digital Camera back. I forgot to take it with me on the excursion to Hadrians villa, which was really fun, so I don't have any photos of that.
I did take some of Rome today though while i was out and about, so thought I'd share them here.

also, I had an experience that really illustrated to me just how much my Italian has improved this weekend. I was having lunch at a pizza place in Tivoli, before we went to villa d'este (A very gorgeous place, that I also don't have photos of.) The guy behind the counter started asking me some things about what we were doing, who we were, and was talking about the things to see in the area. It wasn't a very difficult conversation, but what really struck me was that I didn't have to think/translate into english while having the conversation. I couldn't pick up every single word that he said, but I wasn't struggling to try and translate or come up with a response at all, I just took in what I could of Italian and responded back. I'm slowly getting towards fluency, and its pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment