Sunday, August 30, 2009

Saying goodbye is the hardest part

Over these past few days, it feels like the doctors told me I had a
week to live,so I've been rushing around trying to say goodbye to
everyone before I pass away.

Fortunately, I'm not passing away, just going away for a couple of
months. I've been ignoring the reality that I really will be gone in just
one short day, but i'm finally having to accept it and letting it soak in
as I realize these are the last times I'll be able to enjoy all the
comforts of life that I've gotten used to over here.

On one end, I find it enthralling that I will have to completely rebuild
my life structure in Italy, it will be a chance to have some new and
challenging experiences. Meet new people, go to new places, eat new
food, hear new music. But its still a bit scary to have to fit all you can
into a backpack and leave everything else that you've become
accustomed to behind.

My anxiousness is seeping its way into my dreams. I had several
dreams last night that all had something to do with either something
happening that prevented me from going to Rome, or I forgot/lost
something extremely important which completely ruined the trip.
But my dreams are always far fetched and outlandish, so I'm not too worried.

23 hours, 9 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Leaving everything behind is very liberating and you will discover so much about yourself that you never knew!

    ReplyDelete