Friday, September 11, 2009

Relaxed in Rome

Sitting in the kitchen right now, sipping on a glass of "Poggio dei Salici." a Red wine from umbria. Listening to some folk music on pandora. Today is/has been a very nice, relaxing, self-reflective day.

Last night we all went out to pizza fantasy, a place that brian said had the best pizza in rome. I was a bit skeptical because I haven't found pizza like I had from two years ago on my previous trip here, but I was willing to be open. We all dressed up a bit(I got the chance to take out my sweet 10 euro sports coat, which made me look super sexy) and headed out. I had to lead us to the bus stop and figure out when to get on and off, because the place was way out at termini station. We got there and got to the pizza place, which was pretty busy, and there was 10 of us that wanted to order pizzas, but they accomodated us.

I ordered the diavolo, not sure what was on it, but it was exactly what I had been looking for. Also had a piece of margherita pizza from there, and it was spectacular. I will definitely be going back there.

Getting back home was a bit hard, because the busses were switching around, but some dude told us which bus to take. On the bus, I talked with some guy from Cairo, egypt and he told us about that city(I would really really like to go there.) After that we wandered around trastevere and finally crashed at home.

Waking up today, on friday, around noon, felt supremely excellent. The powers working so I was able to take a nice semi-hot shower(way better than freezing cold.) I decided to go and find the rock climbing gym that I've read about online. I packed up my shoes and my camera and headed out. Its about 3 miles south of trastevere, but I found a bus that took me pretty close to the gym. Unfortunately it was closed, but it did look pretty excellent, can't wait to try it out sometime. I finished out the roll I had in my camera and took it to the photo shop on my way back. The first time I went in there it was a big ordeal because the lady was trying to ask me something about how I wanted it developed and I had no idea what she was asking, but we got it sorted out, shes nice to me now and recognizes me when I come in.

The photos I developed last time turned out really nice. I had some from climbing in springdale right before I left, and some of St. peters and things in rome. They were in color, but I've switched to black and white film now, so we will see how those develop;I'm very anxious to find out. I'm taking 3 rolls with me to ireland, so I hope I can get some nice photos there.

The metro system here is actually pretty excellent, you just need to know where your going beforehand, because its easy to get lost if your not paying attention.

Cleaning up my room today so I might find the cord to charge my camera, we'll see what happens.

Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment