Sunday, September 6, 2009

You'll have to drag me back home

The last few days have been just as great as the first few(minus an encounter with the mafia, but thats over now). We've done ALOT of walking, ate some delicious food, made some delicious food and seen some great stuff.

We've found a few supermarkets around the area and there are several specialty shops around the area and a daily street market so we now have the ability to find whatever food we're looking for, unless its sunday, in which the store are out of alot. So we have been eating food that goes far beyond anything I could even fathom to cook back in the states.

there are 6 roommates, so we each cook one night a week and then we all go out one night, so its a full 7 seven days. What we've had so far: Addison made Penne pasta with a made from scratch alfredo sauce, ridiculously amazing. Then Chase cooked Zucchini Bruschetta topped with fresh grated parmigiana. Tyler made chicken pacatti(sp?), pasta with a lemon sauce and chicken marinated with another type of lemon sauce topped with spicy pea things(can't think of the name), it was great. We've also made very easy and delicious salads all along the way for dinner as well, so we have been eating great at night.

For lunch, if we're out and about we'll just grab a sandwich or some pizza. but if we're at home we make some of the craziest sandwiches i've had. When I go shopping I grab a hunk of freshly baked bread, some prosciutto, some type of cheese(I try to grab something new every time), and some type of sauce to put on it as well. I found this one sauce thats some kind of green tomato jelly, not really sure how its made but its delicious. I also like to sprinkle on a lot of different spices like Basil, parsley, peppers, etc.

On sundays, near our apartment, they have the BIGGEST flea market in the world. Today I bought some sweet euro clothes, a book on picasso(for three euros!!!), and some other things. Its all pretty cheap, and theres so much stuff. It seriously stretches for a mile, lined on both sides with vendors, and someplaces even doubles to two, three rows and veers off in several directions. It took us at least an hour to make it to the end, ridiculous.

Cappuccino, delicious. thats all I have to say about that.

Basically, life is amazing, don't want to leave, theres so many things that happen every day that amaze me that i can't even begin to cover them all, and school hasn't even started yet. I think the next few months are going to go by way, way too fast.

Oh, and i'll get pictures when I can; I lost the charging cable for my digitial camera so I'm relying solely on Kim's film slr she let me borrow. It takes about 4 - 5 days to develop film here. I did pick up some black and white film, we will see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment